Monday, December 20, 2010

The Christmas Crawl

Not much activity or happenings with the car of late. Had a lot on my mind on what to do, but do not have the resources to pursue them. All the same, the car is currently doing alright for me, so I guess this will stay that way for a long time.

Anyway, met up with some miata folks over the weekend for an early Christmas dinner, so here are some pics of the event.

 Here's where we all gathered, at the Lotus showroom on the western part of the island.
 Not a lot of us, but a decent turnout nevertheless.
Good distribution of all 3 generations. An Elise snuck in somehow...
 One of the members graciously offered us a showroom tour. It was the first time for me to see the Evora in the flesh. Its an awe-inspiring car. Price point puts it right in contention with the Cayman S. Also tried getting in and out of the Exige. I looked like a fat pig while doing it though.
 One of the members' NA. Cool door mod. Probably the only pink one out there.
 One of only 3 NCs present for the first Round. Hanafi's car is relatively stock, but I'm sure that'll change in time .
 The yellow NC belongs to Vincent. Probably the only yellow pre-facelifted one in town.
Here's a closer look. Really bling rims. I wished I had taken better pictures.
All 3 generations side by side.
James' NC. Pretty much decked out in all things Autoexe. 
Here's a look inside.

 Some of the members went on to other rides, but still took time to turn up.
 Start of the short convoy to our dinner destination.
 Kinda hard to take a picture while driving.
 Our dinner destination
 Food wasn't too bad, so was service. Too bad about the selection, of which we did not have much say.
 Planning for round 2.
 A few of us went too fast and got separated from the main convoy, so we had to stop for a bit. Here is me attempting to do a tilt-shift effect on this picture. Not sure if it came out right, but looks ok to me.
 Back shot of my car
 Cruise down Orchard Road taking in the Christmas sights, although we were going at around 10km/h most of the time. For some reason, the traffic was horrendous, even though it was way after 10pm.
Happy father and son combo.

It was a good outing. Had some fun and talking to people who share the same interest was enjoyable. There was mention about a track outing sometime next month, so I might just go for that. We'll see.

No comments:

I'm on Facebook!