Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Soundup

Sent my car in for an audio tuneup the day before. The car spend about an hour with the tuner on the RTA setup. Here you see the mic in the driver's seat and the tuner looking attentively at the spectrum analyser.

After the tuning session, he mentioned that the MX5, like any other coupes, isn't really an ideal vehicular environment to do any serious sound quality setup in. I am a bit disappointed by this, but the sound did improve after the tuning session, although I will have some modifications on the door panels to rectify some of the troughs we see in the spectrum band on the RTA. I'll probably arrange another session with him come Feb next year, as both our schedules are kinda packed till then. Hopefully, I'll get closer to the sound I'm looking for.

Had a slight change to the steering wheel mod I had done previously. Now its virtually indistinguishable from a stock MX5 wheel.





Well, not exactly something to shout about, but I figured it does look unique, and its a mod that incurs minimal cost. And the best part is, I wasn't even the one who thought of it.

No comments:

I'm on Facebook!