Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Voodoo

I've been waiting patiently for Team Voodoo to come up with this so here it is, a voodoo spun knob, from the good people at Thompson Automotive. Voodoo has been making knobs for miatas for a while, and they already had knobs for the NC almost as soon as the car rolled off the production lines. However, its was kinda strange that they have it in polished, pearl, piano black, even titanium, but nothing in the matt silver spun finish that I so require.

Well, I guess more than a few people have been enquiring so they made one. Here's a picture of a spun knob from Thompson Automotive's website.
As you can see, its basically a simple design. Just how I like it. Mine came about less than a week after I placed my order with Tom at Thompson Automotive. I had a bit of trouble sending the order in and he answered my emails almost as if there wasn't a 12 hour time difference between us.
Knob felt good in hand, decent weight. Finish was good. Not as fine as I would have liked, but still within my expectations, and for the price I paid(about USD45 inclusive shipping), its not too bad.

No comments:

I'm on Facebook!