Saturday, January 10, 2009

Apollo

The Apollo intake is in. It took about a week, which is amazing fast, considering the billet grille I ordered previously took about 2 weeks to show up. Looks like I'll be getting stuff from mx5parts again. Anyway here are some pictures of the kit.



Quite a big box. On hindsight, it looks like a belated Christmas present to myself. The packaging was so well done that it was a pain to unwrap.


tada!



Comes with everything you see here. The colour copy of K&N's fitment instructions is rather helpful. Doesn't seem too hard to fix, I had a look through the steps and its rather straight-forward. I think a normal person would probably take about 30-45minutes to install this, a hour if you're anal about where everything holds up within the engine bay.



Here's a close-up of the filter element. Has a glossy black finish. Not too sure how long this will hold up in the engine bay but for now, it does look nice.

I also ordered some eyelids. These were more or less purchased on a whim. I'm not even sure if I'll fit them up but we'll see.


The PITA to unwrap box.



Front of the box. You can see a big I.L Motorsports right there. I can never understand why I.L's products are cheaper everywhere EXCEPT on I.L motorsport's website.



I must admit the packaging does looks rather professional. It almost seems as though they sell tons of these everyday. And yep, everything is in German.



A template is included as well, which is nice, but I don't think people actually use that. The instructions also recommends removal of the bumper for fitment, which is probably overkill as well. Mx5parts still included a translated copy of these instructions though, which is a nice touch, I suppose. I'm not sure if I should paint them in galaxy-grey, or if the 3M carbon sticker thing I had for the steering wheel would be a better idea. I'm leaning towards the latter though. Of course, that is if I do decide to fit them.

No comments:

I'm on Facebook!