Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Breathe

First entry of the new year!

It has been a turbulent year for most, with the financial markets in the state they're in, and banks crashing all over the place. Its a good year to buy a car, but unfortunately, also a bad year to sell one. Almost like being stuck between a rock and a hard place. Same goes for almost every other thing out there. Its literally a buyer's market these days, especially in the pre-owned market. If you're been holding it in, now's the time to splurge.

Anyway, ordered the K&N Apollo intake the last week from www.mx5parts.co.uk. Was looking at a few options, but narrowed it down to the beatrush kit posted earlier as well as the Blitz open pod. In terms of looks though, i guess the beatrush kit still looks the best.



The Blitz solution seen here doesnt seem so elegant. I don't like the idea of the filter element exposed in the engine bay. On top of the heat from the engine, the element gets dirty faster. I checked with one of the local dealers for Blitz and he wasn't sure if Blitz had a box-in version for the NC.


That was when i found the K&N Apollo kit. This seems like what I need. Coincidentally, it so happens to cost less than either of the two. And to top it off, installation seems straightforward. I can even do it myself. K&N provides some very detailed step by step instructions on their website.
Anyway, here are some pictures of the Apollo kit.




Pictures are from mx5parts.co.uk. Seems neat and unobstructive enough. I've read comments about the airflow being inadequate due to the kit's "tube within a tube" setup but I'll reserve judgement until I've fixed it up and taken the car out for a spin.

No comments:

I'm on Facebook!