Saturday, November 22, 2008

Au-tobahn!

Fixed up the kit today. The more I think about it, the more I feel I shouldn't have ordered the full au-tobahn kit. The sideskirts look almost identical to the stock ones. They're just a wee bit bigger, thats all. Could have saved some money for other stuff.

If you look at the picture, there's just a little bit of a bulge near the end. Thats about it. Oh well. I guess its the little details that makes all the difference.

Here are some pictures.


Hanging out to dry!


Here you also see an S15 and a AE86 in the background, both getting a widebody conversion, among other things. The silvia is a work in progress, but I was lucky to catch the Levin, which was receiving the finishing touches just as I arrived. The Levin was on a set of Works Equips with some unbelievable offsets. Close to half the wheel was out the fender!

Anyway, here's a side view picture of the au-tobahn front lip.

It seems from this picture there are some imperfections on the edges of the lip. Those aren't paint, but blemishes on the kit itself. Apparently the paintshop did not find it in themselves to smoothen these out before going ahead with the paint job. It seemed like such a simple thing to sand down the kit thoroughly that I am surprised, and more than a little bit puzzled why they will neglect to do this. In any case, the paintwork looks good with the exception of the edges, so I suppose I can live with it, since its not that obvious.


Here's the front view of the car. With the exception of the enormous cavity above the wheel, I think I have got almost all the appearance stuff covered. This is pretty much the final incarnation of my ride. I am probably going to be looking at my suspension options come next year. Current projects I have planned will be some miscellaneous stuff, such as stickers, exhausts tips and HID. I'm probably going to be changing certain bulbs to LEDs but I'm still on the fence with regards to that one.

The car is kind of dirty currently, so I didn't take more pictures. I'll post more pictures of the car tomorrow, after I've had the chance to give it a good wash.

No comments:

I'm on Facebook!